Greeneville Arts Council
One of the easiest ways to support the arts, artists, and art education in Greene County is to become a member of the GAC. The GAC is a registered 501(c) non-profit organization, so donations made to the GAC are tax deductable.
the easiest ways to support the arts, artists, and art education in Greene County is to become a member of the GAC. The GAC is a registered 501(c) non-profit organization, so membership fees and donations made to the GAC are tax deductable.
Basic memberships are a mere $25 for an individual and $40 for a family. If you are capable of contributing more, we also have Sponsor- and Patron-level memberships--and we'll always accept one-time donations, too!
What does your membership money go to support?
- It supports the annual Mary Jane Coleman scholarship provided by the GAC, which is awarded to Greene County students--both high school seniors and college students--who have demonstrated artistic potential and a desire to continue their formal art education.
- It supports annual donations by the GAC (ranging from $500-1,000) to multiple public school systems' art departments across Greene County, helping to foster art education and appreciation in local children.
- It goes to providing matching funding for grant submissions made by the GAC, effectively doubling your donations when we can secure funding to support artistic community events and activities.
- It goes to community art enrichment programs, such as the "Windows to the Past" project, beautifying historic downtown Greeneville, Tennessee with murals related to the town's rich history.
- It goes to help support and/or promote local events like Music Off Main, Tusculum College's Old Oak Festival, the Greeneville Iris Festival, the Quilt Trail of Northeast Tennessee, and other events where local artists gather to showcase their works to the public.
The GAC's Board of Directors is composed of an all-volunteer coalition of local artists and art enthusiasts. None of these volunteers receive a paycheck nor any other monetary compensation for their volunteer work. This maximizes the "bang for your buck" when you become a member of the GAC and help support the GAC's efforts to promote and support the arts, artists, and art education in and around Greene County, TN.
If you'd like to support the above activities by joining the Greeneville Arts Council, fill out the contact form below and we'll get in touch with you quickly!